As we enter the next phase of the 2019-202? offseason, the Nats made signed six more free agents:
- Continuing the Nats’ tradition of legacy picks, SS Quade Tomlin was signed from Liberty Christian HS in Lynchburg, VA. Quade is the son of Randy Tomlin, who coached for several years in the Nationals organization.
- RHP Zach Brzykcy signed from Virginia Tech and was going into his senior year. There is no word if his bonus included any vowels.
- OF Zach Cornell signed from Southeastern University after hitting .519 with 10HR in 27G this past winter/spring. He was a senior.
- OF Landon Dietrich signed from University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (TX) after starting all four seasons, including 13 games in 2020.
- Keeping with the theme of collegiate seniors, IF Brian Klein signed from Texas Tech
- Finally, RHP Edward Ureña signed from Western Oklahoma State College (JuCo), alma mater of 2019 draftees Junior Martina and Allan Berrios
Tomlin, Brzykcy, Cornell, Klein were assigned to the GCL roster yesterday along with previously reported signees Ray Torres and Gio Diaz. Assignments for Dietrich, Jackson Coutts, and Ureña have yet to be announced.