In years past, this kind of mass movement would only come between the halves of the Low-A and High-A seasons, which also roughly coincided with the Draft and the beginning of the New York-Penn League
But, like everything else in 2021, this year is both an outlier, having started late after missing all of 2020, and the beginning of a New World Order with MLB’s takeover of the minors this season.
For those of you who have been campaigning for this, your ship has come in:
• RHP Cade Cavalli promoted from Wilmington
• LHP Matt Cronin promoted from Wilmington
• LHP Alfonso Hernández promoted from Fredericksburg
• RHP Amos Willingham promoted from Fredericksburg
• OF Telmito Agustin reassigned from Harrisburg (MiLB rehab over)
• RHP Tyler Yankosky activated from 7-Day I.L.
• RHP Matt Merrill reassigned from XST
Cavalli and Cronin’s promotions are not yet official but have been reported elsewhere by multiple sources. Most of the attention will likely be on Cavalli as the organization’s top prospect, especially in the wake of his moving up some 60-something spots in BA’s
pre-midseason post-preseason latest rankings.