At home, Jakson Reetz led off the last of 9th with a leadoff walk, took second on a Jake Noll groundout, and scored on Brandon Snyder’s two-single. The win went to Bryan Bonnell, who pitched a 1-2-3 top of the 9th.
Austin Voth got the start and struck out three over two innings, while putting on a runner Robles-style.
On the road, The Marlins overcame a 2-1 deficit with four straight singles and a double to take a 3-2 lead, running into one out and striking out looking for the second out. Derek Self couldn’t retire two batters in a row as Jazz Chisholm got the killshot with a two-run double to put the game out of reach. He took the loss with a Rosenthal-esque line of four runs let in on six hits over one inning.
Erick Fedde made the start and was charged with an unearned run on one hit over an inning and a third.
Here’s a rundown of how the notable minor-leaguers fared in West Palm Beach:
- Yadiel Hernandez got the start in LF and went 0-for-4
- Jake Noll took over 2B from Starlin Castro and was 0-for-2 with a walk
- Drew Ward subbed for Asdrubal Cabrera and went 0-for-3 with 2K
- Tres Barrera got the start at catcher and was 1-for-2 with a run scored
- Reetz was his substitute and reached base twice with a single and a walk
- James Bourque struck out the side in the 4th for a hold
- Austen Williams fanned two in the 8th in lone IP
And in Jupiter:
- Carter Kieboom started at 3B and committed just one error while drawing a walk
- Raudy Read was hidden at DH then shifted to 1B; at the plate he was 1-for-4 with a double
- Luis Garcia started at SS and drove in a run while going 1-for-4
- Taylor Gushue subbed for Kurt Suzuki at C but struck out twice in two AB’s
It’s another home game tomorrow afternoon, as the Mets come to town. Wil Crowe is expected to get the start.