After three-run call-and-answer in the 3rd, the Rafters piled on 11 runs in a 14-4 demolition of the Solar Sox yesterday afternoon.
Three position players appeared in the game.
- Jake Noll was the starting DH and was 0-for-3 but hit two sacrifice flies.
- Daniel Johnson went 1-for-5 with an RBI. He had no defensive chances in center field and fielded just one ball, a single.
- Tres Barrera came into the game at catcher to start the 6th was 1-for-2 with a run scored. He had seven putouts, all on strikeouts.
All three southpaw relievers saw (game) action as well.
- Ben Braymer stranded a runner while getting the last out of the 5th and then pitched a 1-2-3 sixth to retire all four batters he faced on 16 pitches, 11 for strikes.
- Taylor Guilbeau (pictured) gave up a hit but struck out two while pitching a scoreless 7th on just 12 pitches, with only one pitch that wasn’t a strike.
- Jordan Mill issued walk and fanned one while putting up a goose egg in the 8th despite throwing just six strikes on 14 pitches.
The win improved Salt River to 11-7 and opened up a two-game lead in the AFL East while Mesa lost its fifth straight. This afternoon, the Rafters host the Desert Dogs.