After just one player appeared in Wednesday’s game, six Nationals appeared in yesterday’s AFL contest, which the Rafters lost 6-5.
- Daniel Johnson led off and played right field but was 0-for-4 with a strikeout. He fielded both balls hit his way, making one putout.
- Carter Kieboom slid back over to short but reached based twice with a single and a walk and scored twice. He had just two assists but no errors.
- Jake Noll was the DH and drove in two while doing 1-for-4 with a run scored. He can still pass for Ryan Zimmerman.
- Tres Barrera (pictured) swung low and went 2-for-4 with three RBI while playing catcher. He had eight putouts and an assist.
- Jordan Mills faced five batters and retired one of them as he gave up two hits and two walks in the Scorpions’ five-run 7th.
- Taylor Guilbeau wore the “L,” letting in a runner he inherited from Mills and one of his own on two hits while getting the last two outs of the 7th.
Salt River (8-6) plays this afternoon in Peoria (9-5), then tomorrow at Talking Stick, when “L.L.” Reyes is expected to start for the second time this week.