Tanner Roark decked the Cards for four scoreless innings, but St. Louis tagged Joaquin Benoit for both runs for a 2-1 win over Washington. The loss stopped the Nats’ win streak at five.
Roark allowed just one hit and struck out three. Benoit gave up both Cards runs on three hits in just a single inning pitched.
Victor Robles (0-2) got the start in CF, as did Andrew Stevenson (1-2, R, HR, RBI) in LF, and Jose Marmolejos (0-3, 2K) as the DH.
The two Austins – Voth and Adams – both pitched a scoreless inning of relief with two strikeouts.
Here’s how the rest of the Watchlist players did:
● Kelvin Guiterrez took over 3B from Adrian Sanchez and flew out to LF for the first out in the 7th.
● Osvaldo Abreu was the second 2B and drew a walk in the 7th.
● Daniel Johnson subbed for Moises Sierra in RF and grounded out to third for the second out in the 8th.
● Blake Perkins followed Robles in CF and rolled one to SS for the first out in the 9th.
● Taylor Gushue struck out while pinch-hitting for Marmolejos in the 9th to end the game.
For those of you playing hooky, the game today will be broadcast on MASN at 1 p.m. and repeated tonight at 7 p.m. You can put the TV on mute and tune in to 106.7 FM at 1 p.m. A.J. Cole is schedule to pitch as the Nationals “host” the Astros (again).