While I clean off this egg from my face from the last post, let’s take a peek at the latest transactions, via BA and MiLB:
• RHP Michael Broadway – If the name’s familiar, it’s because Broadway spent a year (2013) in the system as a reliever for Harrisburg and Syracuse. Since then, he’s been mostly with the Giants, with a handful of appearances for the Yokahama Bay Stars of Japan’s Central League.
• RHP Kyle Schepel – a bit interesting in that he went undrafted in 2012, pitched in the independent Frontier League, then hooked on with the Diamondbacks for two seasons, then spent the last two in the Mariners organization.
• LHP Tim Collins – Another NDFA, the short lefty signed with Toronto in 2007 out of a Worcester, MA vocational HS, traded twice in July 2010 to Atlanta, then Kansas City, where he was a bullpen mainstay from 2011 to 2014 (228 appearances) before suffering an elbow injury in 2015 that’s required two TJ surgeries.
• RHP Jacob Turner – Journeyman RHSP who split time between AAA and MLB for the White Sox, and was ineffective at both levels.
• IF Emmanuel Burriss – Another former Nats farmhand (’14-’15), Burriss also split time between AAA and MLB for the Phillies, batting .263 and .111 in 50 and 39 games respectively.
• RHP Matt Pirro
• C Erik VanMeetren
• IF David Kerian
• RHP Yefri Pena
• SS Clayton Brandt