For the second straight game, the Nats neither won nor lost as they tied the Astros, 1-1.
Joe Ross got the start and gave up Houston’s run on two-out solo shot in thr top of the 1st. He let up five hits total, walked two, and struck out three over four innings.
Just three watchlist players saw game action:
- Matt Skole walked three times and scored the lone Washington run as Anthony Rendon’s sub at 3B
- Trea Turner went 0-for-2 with a strikeout after replacing Brendan Ryan at SS
- Nick Lee worked around a walk and his own error while pitching another scoreless inning
Following the game, the Nats announced another round of cuts, which will likely put an end to our spring training coverage very soon:
- LHP Sammy Solis and OF Brian Goodwin were optioned to AAA
- LHP Nick Lee, C Spencer Kieboom, and IF Christopher Bostick were optioned to AA
- IF Matt Skole and OF Logan Schafer were reassigned to minor-league camp
The Nats travel to Kissimmee this afternoon to visit the Astros with Gio Gonzalez expected to start. The game will broadcast on MLB Network.