The injuries to OFs Eury Perez in Syracuse, Steven Souza Jr. in Harrisburg, and J.R. Higley in Hagerstown (the latter two detailed here by MASN’s Byron Kerr) have created a ripple effect throughout the Nats’ minors.
Here’s the rundown on the transactions announced today by the Suns
and, Senators, and P-Nats:
- Taking Perez’s place on the Syracuse roster is Harrisburg OF-1B Jerad Head
- OF Randolph Oduber and UT Francisco Soriano have been reassigned from Potomac to Harrisburg, taking the place of Head and Souza
- IF Khayyan Norfork and OF Will Piwinica-Worms have been transferred from Hagerstown to Potomac, taking the place of Oduber and Soriano
- IFs Hunter Bailey, Matt Foat, and Shawn Pleffner were activated from XST and assigned to Hagerstown, taking the place of Norfork and Piwinica-Worms
- IF Carlos Lopez was placed on the 7-Day DL for Hagerstown
- IF Blake Kelso was placed on the 7-Day DL for Potomac
- UT Justin Miller was activated from XST and assigned to Potomac
With those moves, the four full-season affiliates roster are back to the 25-man limits.
This morning, Baseball America issued its weekly update on transactions, most of which were previously reported.
As usual, signings tend to be found here and not via MiLB.com. This time, it’s SS Kelvin Gutierrez, who appears to be an NDFA from Bates College. Absent a DOB, that’s a best guess.
Also of note are some of the players placed on the 7-Day DL, which include RHPs Rafael Martin and Shane McCatty, LHP Josh Smoker, and Cs Beau Seabury and Sean McCauley, who is listed as a coach for Potomac (and mentioned in last week’s update) could logically be inferred as this year’s Sam Palace (who’s on the Syracuse DL as of this writing).
UPDATE: Potomac issued its press release after this went to virtual press. Changes are in red.