Too many moves to wait until tomorrow’s news & notes…
• C Sandy Leon recalled to Washington
• C Devin Ivany activated from DL
• RHP Alex Meyer promoted from Hagerstown
• RHP Aaron Barrett promoted from Hagerstown
• C Sam Palace transferred from Hagerstown (MiLB.com reporting, which conflicts with official release from Potomac = a release or DL stint not yet inputted).
• RHP Taylor Jordan transferred from Auburn (rehab)
• RHP Brian Rauh promoted from Auburn
• LHP Bobby Hansen Jr. activated from TIL
• SS Stephen Perez placed on the 7-day DL
• RHP Ivan Pineyro promoted from GCL
• RHP Michael Boyden promoted from GCL
• RHP Lucas Giolito assigned from Washington (1st rd. draft pick)
• RHP Mike Shultz assigned from Washington (FA signed in March, rehab)
• RHP Alex Kreis transferred from Hagerstown (rehab)
• 3B Anthony Rendon transferred from Potomac (rehab)
The promotions of RHPs Alex Meyer and Aaron Barrett are not yet official, thus the corresponding moves for Potomac are not yet known. As reported this morning in the News & Notes, it’s likely that one or both of the 28-year-old relievers (Jimmy Barthmaier, Adam Carr) will be promoted to make room and one of the current starting pitchers headed to the ‘pen or the DL (Sywnenberg fits the description in either case).
MASN’s Byron Kerr is stirring the pot with Suns position player possibilities, but subsequent maneuvers to any of these players is far less clear, given that there are only a couple of reasonable possibilities (Freitas, Hague), and both of them are unlikely to displace their counterparts (Leon, Walters) in Harrisburg.
UPDATE: The Meyer/Barrett promotions are now official, but no subsequent moves have been made. The ripple effect from the parent club recalling Sandy Leon is also noted (Harrisburg) as well as a couple of other, um, minor moves.