A few moves in Syracuse, a trade from Auburn, a pticher moves up from Haggerstown to Potomac.
With multiple sources reporting that J.C. Romero has been signed and will report to Syracuse, here’s a look at recent transactions that have occurred since our last update.
• OF Rick Ankiel assigned from GCL Nationals
• LHP Lee Hyde transferred to Inactive List
• LHP J.C. Romero assigned from Washington Nationals
• RHP Neil Holland assigned from the Hagerstown Suns
• RHP Trevor Holder placed on 7-Day DL
• IF Jose Lozada placed on 7-Day DL
• C Miguel Perez traded to Indianapolis Indians
• RHP Gregory Holt assigned to Doubledays
There have been multiple whispers about a Suns pitcher being promoted to Potomac, but I have yet to get an official confirmation. With a home game tonight, I’ll be on the watch for an unfamiliar face and/or uniform number in the ‘pen. As always, if I learn anything before I leave tonight or see anything overnight, I’ll post an update in this space.
UPDATE: As first identified in our comments, Neil Holland was indeed the pitcher moved from the Hagerstown to the Potomac roster. Of course, no corresponding moves were listed on MiLB.com, which has been par for the course this season.
UPDATE #2: The shoes have dropped for the P-Nats, as Jose Lozada and Trevor Holder were placed on the 7-Day DL. The two moves leave the Potomac roster at 24, which is one short of the Carolina league limit. Eighth-round pick Gregory Holt was assigned to the Auburn Doubledays, which is at 29, one short of the NYPL limit.