Some serious gamesmanship by the Washington Nationals as they’ve gone to unusual measures to confuse the folks trying to read the tea leaves on tomorrow’s starter for the parent club. To wit, Nathan Karns, who is on the 40-man roster, was listed as the starter for Harrisburg Senators for today in yesteday’s media notes; today, it’s Caleb Clay, who was supposed to go to the bullpen with the promotion of Rob Gilliam.
Meanwhile, Chris Young, who is not on the 40-man roster, was lifted after one inning yesterday, though he was
spanked like Ana Steele rocked for three runs on three hits, including his ninth home run allowed in seven starts. With Jeff Mandel and Tanner Roark used for four innings apiece, a pair of relievers were sent to Syracuse, which is not necessarily related, of course.
Here’s a rundown of the moves made thus far today (some previously reported)…
• LHP Xavier Cedeno recalled to Washington
• RHP Cole Kimball activated from the 7-Day DL
• RHP Michael Broadway reassigned from Harrisburg
• RHP Taylor Jordan reassigned from Syracuse
• IF Josh Johnson placed on the Temporary Inactive List (death in the family)
• OF Billy Burns activated from 7-Day DL
• OF J.R. Higley transferred to Hagerstown
As of this writing, the rosters for Syracuse, Harrisburg, and Hagerstown are not full, thus there are myriad moves that can be made.
If any are made in the next 24 hours, this space will be updated.