As discussed in the comments, further roster moves have been made to undo/explain last week’s moves that were deemed questionable by some readers…
• Jesus Valdez was promoted from Harrisburg to Syracuse
• Ryan Mattheus was promoted from Harrisburg to Syracuse
• Oliver Perez was activated from the Syracuse 7-Day DL and assigned to Harrisburg
• Ryan Tatusko was returned to Harrisburg
With two active players added to the Chiefs roster but only one subtracted, it would appear that another roster move is forthcoming for Syracuse, which has a 24-man limit and currently 25 men listed as active. If more details are discovered this afternoon, look to this space for an update.
UPDATEAs mentioned in the comments, the other shoe dropping in Syracuse is C Carlos Maldonado being placed on the 7-Day DL.
Some Potomac moves…
• Cameron Selik was placed on the 7-Day DL
• Chris Curran was activated from the 7-Day DL
• Hector Nelo was assigned from XST
As usual, MiLB.com is listing more active players than allowed so my best guess is that J.R. Higley has been deactivated.
• IF Matt Antonelli promoted from Harrisburg to Syracuse
• IF Alex Valdez demoted from Syracuse to Harrisburg