Here’s a look at how the Nationals fared over the weekend in the Arizona Fall League…
The Scorpions stung the Solar Sox by a 9-1 count.
- Steve Lombardozzi played shortstop and batted from the two-hole, walking twice, scoring two runs while doubling once in three at-bats.
- Michael Burgess played RF and went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Brad Peacock allowed a run on two hits over two innings, but walked none and struck out one.
A five-run bottom of the eighth gave the Scorpions their third straight win with a 13-9 decision
- Steve Lombardozzi led off but still played shortstop and went 2-for-5 with a double, a RBI, and two runs scored. He also committed a throwing error.
- Bryce Harper homered in his first at-bat (pictured above), singled in his second at-bat, and doubled in his third at-bat but struck out in at-bats nos. four and five to post a 3-for-5 afternoon with 2RBI
- Cole Kimball pitched a scoreless ninth, but gave up two hits while striking out one.
With 17 games in the books, the Scottsdale Scorpions lead their division by two games with five games scheduled for this week. Cumulative stats for the… wait for it… Nats: