The debut of Bryce Harper is expected to be tonight, which should temper the stories about the hopes and anticipation and with any luck, put the focus on the field instead of the tone-deaf proclamations about the future (hence the picture).
Meanwhile, after a night in which just one Nat played, five saw action on Tuesday night…
- Steve Lombardozzi drew a walk and scored a run while going o-for-3 and leading off and playing second base
- Derek Norris caught and batted cleanup, tripling in a run but striking out three times. Defensively, he allowed a stolen base and a passed ball
- Michael Burgess batted seventh and scored two runs while going 1-for-3
- Brad Peacock earned a hold with two hitless innings, walking one and striking out three; he also picked off a runner
- Cole Kimball pitched the final two innings for a save, allowing one hit and setting down one on strikes. He also threw a wild pitch
Scottsdale won 5-4 to improve to 5-2 in the AFL East and hosts the Mesa Solar Sox tonight.